1. Product Performance How should I use Crystal deodorants for best results? Apply Crystal deodorants directly after bathing or showering. Doing so prevents the bacteria that cause odor from forming on the skin. The preventive barrier that our deodorant provides works at peak effectiveness when applied to clean skin.
Note: If you do not apply the stick or deodorant stone directly after bathing or showering, be sure to moisten the top of the rock or stick and apply generously to clean skin. Crystal sprays and roll-ons do not need to be moistened, but work best when applied to clean skin.
2. Will Crystal mineral salt deodorant reduce my sweat? Crystal is not an antiperspirant. It is a deodorant whose natural mineral salts prevent odor.
3. Can I use Crystal on other parts of my body? Since Crystal hypoallergenic deodorants are made of mineral salts, they are safe to use just about anywhere on the body. In addition to using underarm, many of our customers apply to their chests, feet and inner thighs. Be sure to avoid applying to open wounds. Should rash appear, stop using immediately and contact your doctor.
4. How long does a Crystal deodorant stick last? A single Crystal Body Deodorant stick can last up to one year of daily use, making it a great value.
5. How long does a Crystal deodorant Roll-On last? A single Crystal roll-on will typically last up to four months of daily use, comparable to other roll-ons on the market.
6. How long does a Crystal deodorant Spray last? A single Crystal spray will typically will last up to four months of daily use, comparable to other sprays on the market.
7. How long will a single application prevent body odor? A single application of a Crystal natural deodorant should prevent body odor for up to 24 hours.
8. Is Crystal an antiperspirant? No. Crystal deodorants are not antiperspirants. Antiperspirants typically contain aluminum chlorohydrate or aluminum zirconium which plug the pores. Deodorants are generally considered cosmetic products because they simply control odor. Antiperspirants, on the other hand, are considered drugs because they affect the body’s physiology.
Learn more about deodorants vs. antiperspirants-The Difference Between Deodorants and Antiperspirants The most common products used to control body odor are deodorants and antiperspirants. Deodorants work by masking, suppressing, or preventing body odor. Deodorants do not tend to reduce the amount of perspiration the body produces. Antiperspirants, on the other hand, use a variety of chemicals that artificially clog pores. Mainstream antiperspirants have as their main ingredient(s) Aluminum Chlorohydrate, Aluminum Zirconium, Aluminum Chloride, Tricholorohydrex Glycine, and Aluminum Hydroxybromide – all controversial ingredients shown to be potentially unhealthy for our bodies. – See more at: http://www.thecrystal.com/crystal_insights.cfm#difference
9. How do I know when Crystal is working? Crystal Body Deodorant is invisible and unscented. Crystal essence is lightly scented. Once applied to clean skin, a Crystal natural deodorant neutralizes the bacteria that cause odor at their source. You’ll know Crystal is working because you won’t be emitting any body odor.
10. Is Crystal hypoallergenic deodorant safe for infants and toddlers? Yes. Crystal deodorants are safe for people of all ages.
11. Is Crystal safe for use by women during pregnancy? Yes, Crystal natural mineral salt deodorants are safe to use during pregnancy.
12. Why don’t Crystal Body Deodorants have a scent? Crystal Body Deodorant uses natural mineral salts, which have no scent. If you prefer scented deodorants please try our Crystal essence line which includes the scents of Pomegranate, Chamomile & Green Tea, and Lavender & White Tea.